Looking through year 2005, it is evident that our world experienced many earth shaking events which led to the loss of several thousands of lives. These events also cost more people their past, present and future. We have every reason to be happy that we are alive today but we should remember that it is by God’s special mercies that we were not consumed (Lamentations 3:22). As we give thanks to God Almighty during this special season, and as we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ (we ought to do this in a very big way), let us remember those who started the year with us but are no longer alive. Especially, let us remember to pray for and reach out to their parents, spouses, children, relatives and other people they left behind. Let us remember the underprivileged amongst us too. They obviously need us more than ever before.
Furthermore, let us utilize this unique period to prepare for year 2006. This time last year, I wrote and I quote ”Let it not be said of you that you prepared to fail because you failed to prepare”. This statement is still as golden as it was then therefore; let us skew all our resources towards preparing for success in year 2006. Let us set aside quality time to fast, pray and to commit everything about us into God’s able hands. If we do this, he will take absolute control of our lives (Proverbs 3:6).
Now this is very important! Let us create time to appraise our current position in the Lord. In 1 Corinthians 10:12, Apostle Paul said ”let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall”. Since standing is just a step from falling, we shouldn’t assume that all is well with us without first checking our lives thoroughly. Let’s take stock and let’s be mindful of the need to be vigilant. If we want to excel in 2006, then it will be helpful to consider the following tips. We should:
1. Involve Jesus Christ in all our activities. We should also make Him our personal Lord and Saviour. If you have done this before now-brilliant otherwise, do so at this instant because tomorrow may be too late. From John 14:6, it is clear that Jesus is the only way that worth following and the only truth that can stand us out. He is also the only person that is capable of putting life back into those areas of our lives that may have been functioning sub optimally hitherto.
2. Allow the Holy Spirit to be active in our lives. Remember that he is in charge in the current dispensation and he has an extraordinary capacity to teach us all things and to bring them to our remembrance (John 14:26). Let us therefore align with him so that he can put us on the path of success.
3. Not be far away from the Holy Bible. This amazing book has been programmed to give us incredible success in life (Joshua 1:8) and it is one of the major ways by which God will reach out to us in year 2006.
4. Make it a point of duty to pray without ceasing (1Thessalonians 5:17). This is an important chore and it is very close to God’s heart. It is also through it that we can convey our heart felt concerns to him. If you want a first-rate report in 2006, then pray to God!
5. Make sure that we give thanks to God always-it is his will that we should do this (1Thessalonians 5:18). Whilst thanking him, we should not forget to praise him too. And the moment we start doing these, he will shift his base to our side (Psalms 22:3) then signs and wonders will take place.
Friend, if you want to crack year 2006 without being cracked then, get cracking with the tips above. May the good Lord help you as you labour to attain your best in him and may his joy be your strength throughout this season and beyond in Jesus name. Amen.
Finally, let me use this opportunity to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS in advance. God bless you real good.
Jesus is Lord!